Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to email@example.com. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Manages the planning and activities of the Accounting sub-team
- Defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with standards
- Monitors and reviews the status of the Financial Statements, Tax Declarations (CIT, VAT), other required reports (regulatory or investors reporting), as well as the timing of Board and General Meetings and the statutory filing of the client companies
- Reviews the time writing of the Accounting sub-team on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with process and procedure
- Ensures timely and correct invoicing and review of breakdowns in accordance with process and procedure
- Responsible for the cash collection of the outstanding invoices in accordance with the process and procedure
- Assists the the Management in hiring new staff members for the Department
- Organizes (and conducts where applicable) the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Accounting sub-team
- Responsible for the people management process in the Accounting sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the Accounting sub-team
- Ensures he/she and the Accounting sub-team fully understand the transactions and the related accounting entries taken place during the year and are able to clearly and fully explain and document these transactions on behalf of stakeholders (auditors, clients etc.)
- Ensures timely recording of transactions during the year
- Reviews and signs-off on the financial statements and financial reports prepared by the BU in accordance with process and procedure
- Responsible for the timely filing of the financial statements at the RCS and if applicable for the timely financial reporting to the stakeholders (regulator, exchange, bank etc.)
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the accounting files (completeness, accuracy, updating etc.) of the Accounting sub-team in accordance with processes and procedures
- Actively participates in risk management and compliance
- Ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the BU in accordance with process and procedure
- Completes on a daily basis his/her time-writing to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with process and procedure.
- Responsible for the timely and correct execution and verification of the payment instructions in accordance with process and procedure
- Corporate Secretarial
- Ensures the review of the draft minutes of any Board of Directors Meetings and the General Meeting of Shareholders discussing and/or approving financial transactions and/or events.
- Together with the Managers ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings etc.)
- Ensures the Accounting sub-team follows the 24 hour response policy (internally and externally)
- Ensures appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client meetings
- Ensures timely organization and preparation of board meetings (leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes…)
- Monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication between sub-team members and third parties
- Takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow
- Together with the the team and the sales members of the Department prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual Budgets (where applicable)
- Attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present and its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients
- Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies
- Expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client companies in accordance with procedure and policy
- Obtained University or professional studies in accounting or have an equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning
- 8-9 years relevant experience in an international Accounting, Audit or Trust environment
- Solid knowledge of Lux GAAP and Luxembourg and international Tax Law (including, but not limited to, holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions, etc.)
- Gained team management expertise and who have excellent organization and communication skills as well as solid analytical skills
- Are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing