Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementing of a data protection programme across European offices and entities
- Providing advice to the business and senior management on all aspects of data protection
- Overseeing the arrangements for the management of Personal information across Europe ensuring that those arrangements are reasonably designed so as to comply with the principles set out in the Policy and local regulation
- Supplying technical support, advice and guidance to the business, and advising on local management and staff on their data protection obligations and responsibilities
- To co-operate with and act as the point of contact for the relevant Data Protection Supervisory Authorities; coordinating internal escalation to the Global head of DP and any externally appointed DPOs
- Support the Global head of Data Protection Compliance in the co-ordination of responses to any consultations published by governmental or regulatory bodies which may have an impact upon privacy and data protection
- Reviewing Personal Data Breaches reported and supporting any external reporting to Data Protection Supervisory Authorities
- Contributing to the Data Protection training programme to raise staff awareness of the standards required by the Policy and provide any additional training of staff, as required
- Oversight of the business unit level establishment and maintenance of ‘Records of Processing
- Dealing with data protection related queries and complaints from data subjects
- Independent oversight of the business’ compliance with the Framework requirements
- Monitoring and interpreting local regulatory developments in co-ordination with business
- Contributing to the regular (e.g. quarterly) data protection updates for both Global and regional Senior Management and Business Compliance
- Review and provide advice and guidance on Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIAs) as appropriate
- Working in partnership with Data Governance assist in the development of Data Stewards in respect of data protection knowledge, awareness and skills
- Fluency in German and English
- Good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and its national implementations in both Germany and Luxembourg
- Experience in contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementing of a data protection compliance programme across an international group
- Experience of consumer/client, corporate and employee privacy issues, electronic marketing, advertising, consumer privacy policies, data subject access requests, data accuracy, retention, and records management programmes