Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Drafting and coordinating the formal application to the regulator for the establishment of a pensions vehicle registrable under the IORP Directive. This will include formulating the governance, oversight and controls framework clarifying the roles of the three lines of defence and working with colleagues in Luxembourg legal and oversight functions
- Coordinating local market advice and summarizing where appropriate local legal and regulatory requirements for conducting pensions business in selected countries
- Identifying required oversight policies and drafting or amending existing policies to cater for the new line of business
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant legal contracts including custodian, administrator outsourcing agreements and investment services related agreements
- Drafting and negotiating core client agreements for new business
- Reviewing client and member marketing and disclosure documentation to ensure compliance with local regulations
- The role requires close cooperation with multiple teams, among others with legal, risk and compliance teams in Europe , as well as other departments related to the Fidelity’s retirement operations and this will involve travel between UK and Luxembourg
- Report and escalate risk events and all relevant matters to senior management and oversight teams as required
- The role requires an understanding around the cultural sensitivities of dealing with multiple jurisdictions, regulations and languages
- Energy and enthusiasm to add value when advising on legal and regulatory matters in a pragmatic and commercial manner placing the client and scheme members at the centre of recommendations
- Ideally, knowledge of occupational pension scheme legal constructs in a territory where pension schemes are well developed eg the US, UK, the Netherlands
- Compliance and/or Risk experience in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification, ideally qualified or part qualified lawyer in a relevant area of financial services
- Complete fluency in English with other European languages a bonus