Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Reviewing the work of junior accountant on the basis of maintaining accurate accounting records, including cash book entries and all month-end journals for all entities in your scope
- Bookkeeping of extraordinary one-off transactions, such as accruals, payroll, etc.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts, including intercompany accounts and bank reconciliation
- Preparing quarterly management accounts (monthly for the service company) using set templates
- Preparing analytical review analysis on a quarterly basis
- Assisting finance team on specific projects and ad-hoc requests
- Producing year-end statutory accounts
- Producing and filing regulatory returns (BCL reports)
- Preparing VAT declarations and liaising with internal tax team
- Preparing year-end files and liaising with auditors
- Releasing payments in the e-banking system and controlling cash balances of entities in your scope
- Degree in Finance / Accounting or equivalent experience (University Degree 4 years or equivalent)
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance and/or Audit (private equity sector)
- Up-to-date knowledge of the accounting law and regulations and also base knowledge on the tax compliance process
- Knowledge and experience in Lux GAAP and IFRS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Sage is a must
- Very good knowledge of the English language (oral and written)
- High level of analytical skills and working independently
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, result-oriented and quality-driven