Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Develop and implement a succession planning strategy for the Client
- Deal with various family-related legal matters: wills and probate, prenuptial agreements, divorce proceedings, international inheritance issues
- Recommend and implement wealth structuring solutions adapted to personal and asset related requirements
- Collaborate with external legal and tax advisers and trust managers pre- and post-structure set up
- Trust Protectors & Executors legal support
- Monitor trends in the wealth and succession planning and supervise the implementation of necessary changes in order to achieve the long-term goals of the Family
- Review/draft necessary Client presentations, corresponding legal, contractual and trust documentation
- Develop and implement international tax planning strategies
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities to improve existing structures
- Monitor and timely respond to new legislative developments and tax authority decisions
- Translate and communicate complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and the Client
- Ad hoc legal support in relation to charitable foundations and philanthropic activities
- Support the Family Office team with all legal matters as required: legal advice, contracts drafting and negotiation, litigation and dispute resolution etc.
- Oversee corporate transactions (incorporation, ownership transfer etc.) in various jurisdictions, including preparation of the relevant documentation
- Advise senior management on upcoming regulatory developments impacting the business
- Liaise with external counsels and corporate service providers
- Assume other assigned tasks and projects in addition to the regular work schedule and to assist other team members as circumstances may dictate
- EU or UK qualified lawyer with at least 8 years’+ PQE in a similar role and environment
- Strong knowledge of international corporate and tax law, cross-border structuring, inheritance and family law
- In-depth knowledge and experience of a broad spectrum of financial planning instruments, trusts, private trust companies and foundations would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, French would be considered as an added value
- Creative approach to problem solving with strong analytical skills, results driven, detail orientated with a delivery focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to details
- Flexible with strong organization skills and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, personal commitment to the team and understanding the need and importance of team work
- Willingness to travel frequently